Planetary Talk

Traditional and Modern astrology vary in their views on how planetary strengths in the natal chart should be interpreted. My view of this is simple, exaltation's and planets in rulership refer to how the planet prefers to act, and in my point of view it has a higher symbolic meaning. I will write a series of posts on these ideas, this is my view of them, and many other astrologers will probably disagree, but it's how I have come to understand them.

First up: The Sun is strong in it's own sign of Leo and is EXALTED in Aries the sign of identity, potency, and self-will. The mantra for Aries is I am, and this is in full alignment with the Sun’s conscious purpose of shining in it's own individuality. Every individual is born with a unique purpose and destiny, and this can be symbolic of the 'Heroic quest'. The Sun in Aries 'will' realize his own identity, and he needs to be courageous on this path. The Hero's quest begins when we leave behind our family of origin, our past, and rigid expectations of us (Saturn falls in Aries where the Sun shines). The Hero's journey involves separation and initiation, it is an "awakening of the self. "

No comments:

Post a Comment